It’s time to add Capilano Suspension Bridge Park to your travel bucket list! Check out our video guide and a few key reasons why everyone should visit during a trip to Vancouver, B.C. What a privilege to travel to Canada during the springtime and experience their greenery, beautiful flowers, and fresh, crisp mountain air in British Columbia. Come for the mountains, stay for the poutine, flowers, shopping, history, and genuine Canadian friendliness.
THE HOW-TO DETAILS
- You should definitely drive yourself to the park. The key to a great experience is getting here when the park opens so you can beat the actual busloads of people to the coolest parts of the park.
- Buy your tickets in advance to secure your place. We love using the Tiqets app for visits like this and found buying tickets to the park this way was straightforward.
- You’ll want to spend 1.5 – 3 hours in the park. Time depends on the pace of your own exploration.
THE BEST PARTS
- Climbing around tree tops! Seriously – here, you’ll find a section of the park suspended among the trees. No matter your age, you’ll get to live out your childhood dreams of climbing and swinging through the trees.
- The beauty of this park is truly unmatched. There’s a reason why it’s one of the most visited places in Canada!
- The views of waterfalls, the river, and the mountains from the middle of the long suspension bridge will take your breath away. And if that doesn’t do it for you, the suspended walk on the side of the cliff surely will get your heart racing!
- The park is beautifully decorated with countless twinkling lights during the holiday season!
WHERE WE STAYED
- 4-star affordable luxury right on the harbour side of North Vancouver.
- The updated hotel room had windows that offered views of the harbor. The employees at the check-in were friendly and welcoming. Though we didn’t try it ourselves, the on-site restaurant looked delicious!
- The hotel is centrally located between all of the fun of Downtown Vancouver and the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. You’ll want a car while visiting, but don’t worry – parking is a breeze! There is a parking garage underneath the hotel where you pay per night. If you stay here, you’ll be less than a 30-minute drive from Downtown Vancouver and less than a 15-minute drive from Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.