Miami is full of vibrant energy. We know that many of us don’t get enough time off work, and we must squeeze as many memorable moments into one trip as possible. While the one-weekend visit will have you longing for more, here’s your weekend itinerary for your quick getaway to Miami. Save some headaches and many hours of planning by stealing our itinerary. Here we go!
FRIDAY: FLY TO MIAMI
- Of course, fill in the blank with your home airport
- Depending on your work schedule and location, you might be able to catch a flight after the work day. Otherwise, you might want to schedule time off to fly over.
- Arrive, commute into South Beach, and check in to your stay
- Recommendation: Just take a Lyft or Uber from the airport. It will be pricey, but it’s much easier than all other transit options. For such a short trip, we recommend staying right in the heart of South Beach. We loved our stay at The Goodtime Hotel.
- Dine on Ocean Drive
- Recommendation: Havana 1957 for Cuban food, drinks, live music, and dancing.
- Head back to the hotel and rest for the next day
SATURDAY: MANSIONS & MUSIC
- Start the day on the beach
- Most hotels in South Beach are within walking distance of the ocean. Start your morning by visiting the seaside before the party people invade the beach for the rest of the day. This way, you can easily hop back to your hotel to clean up and change before returning for brunch.
- Brunch in style
- Recommendation: make brunch reservations at Gianni’s at the Versace Mansion, right in the heart of South Beach. The cuisine is Italian, and the dress code is slightly posh. It’s the perfect setting for both photos and premiere people-watching.
- Tap into your creative side
- Explore Little Havana
- Recommendation: Walk around Calle Ocho and grab a snack at Versailles – THE Miami staple of this neighborhood visited by movie stars and presidents.
- Take it easy at the hotel
- You’ve done a lot of exploring! Time to kick off your shoes, charge your phone and take a nap. If you’re feeling up for one more adventure, you could always join in at the pool party that will undoubtedly be at your pool every weekend. If you’re anything like us, joining that party might look like being somehow overdressed swimsuit and with a mojito in hand from the safety of a shaded umbrella in the corner of the pool deck. No shame in that game.
- Enjoy an Upscale Dinner
- Recommendation: Mila is one of Miami’s most coveted reservations. One look at the restaurant and you can see how. Look at the menu, and it’s obvious why this place has a Michelin star! Make sure to make reservations well in advance.
- Commute back to your overnight stay and rest up for tomorrow’s travel day
SUNDAY: FLY HOME
- Commute to one of Miami’s airports
- It’s no secret that both of Miami’s airports are a headache. We’d love to be able to recommend that you spend a half day exploring the rest of the city. Still, more often than not, flights out are early, and it will take 45-60 minutes to get to the airport – that’s before you have to get through security!
- Here’s your warning: get there early, monitor traffic, and be patient.
- Check-in at the airport and kiss the Florida beaches goodbye (for now!)
Love Miami? We know you’ll love a weekend in New Orleans! Check out our guide to having the best weekend in the Big Easy.