Madrid is an amazing destination for a quick vacation. With four days to spend in this beautiful city, there’s so much to see and do! Madrid is known for its incredible art scene, food, wine, and walkable parks and plazas. Many of us don’t get enough time off work, and we all must squeeze as many memorable moments into one trip as possible, so this itinerary is perfect for those only able to take a few days off of work.
Save some headaches and many hours of planning by stealing our travel guide and itinerary. Here we go!
- Land at the Madrid airport and take an Uber or Bolt to the Thompson Madrid hotel.
- Check into the hotel and settle into your luxurious room in the center of the city.
- Take a stroll around the neighborhood and explore the local shops and restaurants.
- Visit Retiro Park and take a romantic boat ride on the lake.
- Take a tour of the Royal Palace and learn about the history of the Spanish monarchy.
- Have dinner at a local tapas bar and try some of Madrid’s famous small plates.
- Enjoy a leisurely morning and have breakfast in bed.
- Take a tour of the Prado Museum to witness the world-class collection of art. Make sure to purchase skip-the-line tickets from the Tiqets app in advance!
- Stop by the Mercado de San Miguel and treat yourselves to a lunch of delicious local food and wine.
- Join in line for an afternoon snack at Chocolatería San Ginés for the best churros in town!
- Head back to the hotel and relax by the rooftop pool while taking in the stunning views of the city followed by a romantic dinner at the hotel’s on-site restaurant, L’Atico to enjoy some traditional Spanish dishes with a modern twist.
- Wake up to a quick, yet delicious breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant.
- Take a day trip by train to the nearby town of Toledo and explore its historic center and ancient castle.
- Take the train back to Madrid in the evening and have a romantic dinner.
- Return to the hotel and enjoy a nightcap at the bar before retiring to your cozy room.
- Have a relaxing morning and enjoy a final breakfast at the hotel.
- Check out and head for the Madrid airport.
- Kiss Madrid goodbye, for now!